Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Updates!

Well, it's been a while since I wrote on here. So, I thought I would do a short update.

I have had some interviews these past couple of weeks. I interviewed with Mulvane 2 weeks ago and still have not heard anything, so I am assuming that I did not get that position. I interviewed for a 5th grade position at Swaney in Derby last Friday and they said they would know by this Friday. I have an interview today for a 1st grade position at Pleasantview in Derby and an interview next week for a 2nd grade position in Wellington. So, that is the update on my job searching. I wish I could update with an actual position...hopefully that will happen SOON!

Shawn is loving his new job in Wellington. He is 1 of the 2 district technology guys so he works with the computers at all the schools in the district. He is enjoying learning the ropes and I think he'll be there for a few years at least!

Hunter went to the dr. for his 2 month appt. yesterday. He is 36 1/2 in tall (92nd percentile)
and he weighed 27 lbs. 10 ozs. (50th percentile). His head was in the 75th percentile and it has normally been at the 90th so that is an improvement!!! :D Dr. Stewart said he is doing EXTREMELY well. He does a lot of things that 3 and 4 year olds do, so he's ahead of the game! He's very smart and picks up on new things VERY quickly. He was very impressed that he knew his ABCs, counted to 12, and knew his shapes and colors. He said...and I quote "You can tell his mother is a teacher!" :D

Kira is doing GREAT! She was about 7 lbs. 14 ozs. with her clothes on yesterday. She was also about 21 in. long so she is growing very quickly (at least in her length). She is more alert and is smiling a lot and is happy all the time (unless she's hungry or has dirty pants...or her brother hurts her).

The house we like it still on the market...so hopefully it is still there when I get a job (if that ever happens!) We're looking forward to owning our own home! Scary and exciting...all at the same time! Tomorrow is our big move day. My grandma and great great aunt came up yesterday and helped pack ALL DAY! They pretty much have everything packed up. They are the greatest! Couldn't have done it without them. Tomorrow, we are all going up to load the moving truck and bring it back to my grandma's garage (AKA our storage unit) until we can get into a house. It's going to be a VERY long next couple of days.

Well, I think that is all for now. Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to update with a new job and a house soon (HOPEFULLY!)

No comments: